I know that you really and truly do want to get organized but it seems that there is a piece of the puzzle that is missing to keeps you from reaching your goal. You haven't been able to really pinpoint what it is but maybe it is that:
1. Something is always coming up that keeps you from getting organized - that demands your attention. This is called Life and it will happen day in and day out, whether we welcome it or not!
2. You really just are wiped out...not feeling like getting it done. And things just keep piling and piling up and causing more and more stress. It is a cycle that you feel will never end.
3. You try and try but it just is taking too long - probably because it is too huge of a project. Getting organized just seems like it will never happen. Your business and home are suffering because of the lack of organization. But, there isn't time to make a change.
How do you handle these road blocks that keep you from getting organized:
1. Realize that something is always going to come up. There are just some things that are not in our control. Staying focused on what needs to be done is important and you have to hold yourself accountable. Being flexible is important - because there will be things that come up that demand your attention. And knowing what is next on your list of "Daily Intentions" will help you stay focused and on task.
2. Work, children, home, office can all become too much for us sometimes. Being raised on a dairy farm, we weren't allowed to take time off. There was always something that had to be done in our 16 hour day and it has taken me a long while to discover that it is ok for me to take some time for myself and relax. I always thought that I had to be the energizer bunny, going and going and going. But we all have to take time for ourselves to re-energize. Even if it is just something as little as 30 minutes reading a good book every day or taking a morning or afternoon out with a friend to have coffee. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money but it is important to staying organized.
3. If you are so frustrated about a project taking too long to accomplish, call a friend or neighbor or Professional Organizer and ask for help. To find an organizer in your area you can check out http://www.findmyorganizer.com/. There is nothing wrong with allowing someone else to help you. Make sure that your help is aware that the information you share about your business or home needs to be kept confidential and that there are no judgments being made. Let go of your ego and make a phone call. Make changes in your business or home by allowing a third-party - Professional Organizer to make a difference.
There are Professional Organizers in your area to help. Find the one that will meet your needs and make a change. For more information visit their websites or contact Linda at http://www.organizationdirect.com